3D Animation and Game Design (Animation) Part-Time Lecturer
The 3D Animation & Game Design (ANGD) Program in the School of Media and Design seeks a part-time lecturer for 3D Animation to teach an in-person Principles of Animation course. In all matters, faculty are expected to maintain the highest standards of professional ethics consistent with the UIW Mission. Official duties and responsibilities of faculty members at the University include teaching, scholarship, service, and professional activities as assigned.
This position is considered a "Responsible Employee" under Title IX federal regulations and "Mandatory Reporter" under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about Title IX violations. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Basic Instructional Duties:
- Prepare course outlines and teach two sections of first-year level Principles of Animation based on approved departmental syllabi; prepare and deliver consistent, interactive lectures.
- Prepare timely and meaningful assessments for assigned courses.
- Work collaboratively with departmental faculty to ensure standard curriculum outcomes are met.
- Adhere to UIW policies and procedures, including timely record keeping of student activities, fair and equitable evaluation of student performance, and timely feedback to students regarding their performance in the course.
- Be available outside of class to help students learn as well as answer their questions (1 hour per 3-hour class, physically and/or electronically).
- Conduct respectful relationships with faculty, staff, and students both in and outside the classroom.
- Maintain contact with the department chair and participate in meetings upon request.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to deliver instruction both in-person and online as needed;
- Ability to effectively learn, use, and incorporate instructional technology into teaching;
- Willingness and flexibility to teach day, evening and weekend sections as needed;
- Expert knowledge of Maya as an animation tool;
- Strong skills demonstrated in a demo reel and a desire to see and facilitate student success is critical;
- Strong knowledge of SyncSketch for critiques;
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures;
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
BFA in Game Art, Game Design, or Animation.
Required Work Experience
Teaching experience or 3D Animation industry experience.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Based on course assignment.
Typical for faculty in the field.
Posting Number: UN733PO
Job Type: Part Time
Job Category: Faculty
Desired Start Date: 08/16/2023
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Dean, School of Media & Design
Salary: $5,000 per studio course
Open Date: 05/04/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please be sure to include portfolio/SyncSketch/Vimeo/YouTube portfolio link.
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/22244
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy).
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-7ebe57ef2bffb84ea57e7560d9480554